- City Council – Unanimously adopted the CRC Final Report 8-0
- Charter Revision Commission – Disbanded
- City Council published the entire proposed new Charter in the local newspaper
- City Council – Decided on Referendum Question(s) for Ballot
- City Council – Choose date and sites vote
Charter Revision Summary - The Vetting Process
The Charter revision recommendations were reviewed and approved by the following Legal Attorneys:
West Haven Corporation Counsel
Craig Sullivan and Associates
Independent Attorney Winthrop Smith Jr.
Connecticut Conference of Municipalities - CCM indicated that while they are not allowed to make a determination on the content of the proposed charter, they were pleased to see our Commission used the standard process and format to develop the recommendations.
Secretary of State – Throughout our process the Chairman had several discussions with the S.O.S. Legal Department who provided guidance on specific recommendations and their legality from a State of CT General Statutes perspective